This year I hope to share with you a lot of easy meals such as this ground beef goulash. We’re all busy, and most of us have at least a few days a month where we need a quick and easy meal. For others, that’s the case pretty much every evening.
It’s important to have your pantry stocked so that you can prepare such meals when the need arises. A quick and easy homemade meal is going to save you money and probably be healthier than eating out.
There are a number of different goulash versions. This one is similar to what my husband grew up with.
- 8 ounces gluten-free pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and onion. Drain.
- Add the garlic and sauté for one minute or until fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and Italian seasoning. Simmer about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the pasta, salt and pepper. Heat and stir for 5 minutes.
Serve with gluten-free French bread or French bread rolls.