I’ve shared a grilled zucchini recipe before, but I really prefer grilling vegetables in a grill basket (like the one I got from ALDI). I also prefer the seasoning I use in this, my favorite grilled zucchini recipe. But feel free to add seasonings that you like.
Even though this zucchini doesn’t end up with grill marks on it, it still has a grilled flavor to it, and my family really likes it. Of course, we just like zucchini anyway. You could also change this recipe by adding other vegetables to it, such as yellow squash.
Since the zucchini is cut and sliced, it doesn’t take long to cook. So if I’m also grilling meat, I cook the meat first and then let it sit while I quickly grill the zucchini. (You can prep the zucchini while the meat is cooking.)
- 2-3 medium zucchini (~4 cups sliced)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- ½ teaspoon onion and garlic pepper (or use onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper)
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Wash the zucchini and trim the ends. Cut in half lengthwise, then cut in slices (~1/4 inch).
- Place zucchini in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Stir to coat. It’s okay if the coconut oil hardens. It will melt quickly and you can stir it more on the grill.
- Place the zucchini in grill basket and place on a grill with medium heat. Keep the lid open and stir every few minutes. Grill for 5-10 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Remove basket from the heat and place zucchini in a a serving bowl. Enjoy!