The theme for this month is Seasonal Soup. It is still winter for most of March, and even early spring is a great time for soup. But what exactly do I mean by seasonal soup?
Cooking seasonally means to cook with those foods that are currently in season in your area. I’m giving you two options:
1. Share a soup that is seasonal for your area right now. If you look at this seasonal ingredient map you will find that the growing season is dormant in many areas. If that is the case for you, it’s okay. Share a soup that you might make at this time of year. Maybe you will use foods that have kept well or use a number of canned ingredients. Or…
2. Share a soup that fits with another season. Just tell us what season it would belong to in your area.
How to Participate: Anyone is welcome to join this event. You do not have to have a gluten-free blog, but your entry must be gluten free. Please do the following:
- Blog about your soup and link back to this carnival post.
- Email your link and a photo to me: Linda (at) glutenfreehomemaker (dot) com.
- Send your email no later than Sunday, March 27th.
You can look for the roundup to be posted here on Thursday, March 31st.
Note: This carnival will take the place of my regular monthly gluten-free cooking/baking challenge. That means that after next week I will be highlighting any soups recipes that are linked up to Gluten-Free Wednesdays.
I look forward to reading about some delicious soups!