It’s that time of year – the time when people bake cookies more than any other time of year. Who doesn’t love holiday cookies? And just because you are gluten-free doesn’t mean you can’t participate in this tradition.
Cookies like these gluten-free snickerdoodles are just as good as any wheat based version and will happily consumed by your kids, neighbors, teachers, and anyone else on your cookie list this year. Below is the snickerdoodle recipe, but here are a few other of my favorites:
And today I’m teaming up with a group of bloggers for a virtual cookie exchange, AND each blogger is offering a great giveaway. So be sure to check out the links below as well as my giveaway.
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup white rice flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat several minutes until light and fluffy.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the flour, starch, salt, cream of tartar, baking soda, and xanthan gum. Add these dry ingredients to the mixing bowl. Combine on low speed until moistened then beat on medium speed about 30 seconds more.
- In a very small bowl, combine the 2 Tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon.
- Roll the dough into balls approximately 1 inch in diameter. Roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar.
- Place them on the greased and lined cookie sheet about 2 to 3 inches apart. (Wipe and regrease the parchment paper between batches to help them spread evenly.)
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes.
- Move cookies to a wire rack to cool.
$50 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway
More Gluten-Free Cookies + Giveaways
Check out all 18 recipes in our virtual gluten-free cookie exchange, listed in the order they appear in the photo, left to right, row by row:
- Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Cookies Recipe from Vegetarian Mamma
- Gluten-free Vegan Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe from Sarah Bakes Gluten Free
- Gluten-free Snickerdoodles Recipe from Only Taste Matters
- Gluten-free Vegan Ninjabread Men Recipe from Flippin’ Delicious
- Gluten-free Vanilla Wafers Recipe from gfJules
- Gluten-free Cranberry Bliss Oatmeal Cookies Recipe from Making It Milk Free
- Gluten-free Strawberry Thumbprints Recipe from Learning to Eat Allergy-Free
- Gluten-free Holiday Sandwich Cookie Assortment Recipes from Go Dairy Free
- Gluten-free Cranberry Lime Cornmeal Cookies Recipe from Cafe Johnsonia
- Gluten-free Caramel Hot Chocolate Cookies Recipe from Faithfully Gluten Free
- Gluten-free No Bake S’mores Cookies Recipe from My Gluten-free Kitchen
- Gluten-free Dairy-free Sugar Cookies Recipe from Allergy Free Alaska
- Gluten-free Pfeffernusse Recipe from Fearless Dining
- Gluten-free Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies Recipe from Maebells
- Gluten-free Flourless Chocolate Pecan Cookies Recipe from Around My Family Table
- Gluten-free Chocolate Gingerbread Bars Recipe from Gluten-Free Palate
- Gluten-free Snickerdoodles Recipe from Gluten-Free Homemaker
- Gluten-free Christmas Wreath Cookies Recipe from Gluten-free Frenzy