I usually take a break from blogging on Sundays, but I have to share with you something I made. It is a combiniation of ideas I got from Carol Fenster’s Gluten-Free Quick & Easy. I only had part of a loaf of gluten-free bread so I made these sandwiches using half slices.
- sliced gluten-free bread
- sliced ham
- Butter half of the slices of bread and put them buttered side down on a cookie sheet.
- Put a slice of cheese on each piece of bread.
- Used a small (about 1½ inch) round cookie cutter to cut a hole in the middle of the remaining slices of bread and in an equal number of ham slices.
- Put the ham on the cheese and top it with the slice of bread. Line up the holes in the ham and bread.
- Break an egg into each hole.
- Top each sandwich with a little grated cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.
The family loved these sandwiches! The slices of bread and ham were fairly thick so even though we each got only half slice sized sandwiches they were filling. Give it a try some time. I bet you’ll like it too.