Tilapia with Tomatoes
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Main Dish
Serves: 4 - 6
- 1 pound tilapia filets
- 1 can (15 ounce) diced tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup white cooking wine
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Place two large sheets of foil on a cookie sheet, one going each direction. You need it long enough to wrap up the fish.
- Place the fish on the baking sheet in pairs so that the thin parts of each filet are overlapping each other. Keep the pairs close together.
- In a bowl, combine the drained tomatoes, wine, dill weed, and garlic.
- Spoon the tomato mixture over the fish.
- Wrap up the foil, folding over the ends so that the fish is enclosed and juices won’t run out.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the fish is done in the center. Open the foil pouch carefully to avoid steam when checking for doneness.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/tilapia-with-tomatoes/