Chicken and Mushroom Soup (Slow Cooker)
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon butter or clarified butter
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a skillet and sauté the onion until tender.
- Add the minced garlic and cook one more minute.
- Clean the mushrooms, remove the stems, and slice them.
- Add all ingredients except the salt and pepper to your slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on low 6 – 8 hours or high 3 – 4 hours.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chicken-and-mushroom-soup-slow-cooker/