Chocolate Truffles (Dairy Free)
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 12 ounces dairy-free chocolate chips
- ½ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- ⅓ cup natural nut butter
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Melt the chocolate chips according to package instructions (I used the microwave).
- In a sauce pan, heat the coconut milk, nut butter and salt, whisking together until hot and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate and vanilla until thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Chill for several hours.
- Assemble coating ingredients in small bowls. You can combine cocoa and powdered sugar if cocoa alone is too bitter. Get creative and try other coatings too.
- If very cold, let the chocolate mixture sit out for about 20 minutes to soften a little. Use a spoon to scoop up about one tablespoon of truffle mixture.
- Soften and shape into a ball using the palms of your hands.
- Roll the ball in coating of choice. Place on a plate or in mini paper baking cups.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chocolate-truffles-dairy-free/