Hot Chocolate Smoothie
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Beverage
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 5 drops liquid stevia or 2 teaspoons sweetener of choice
- 1 Tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1/2 of a banana, sliced
- pinch of salt (if peanut butter is unsalted)
- Whisk together the milk, cocoa, and sweetener in a small saucepan and heat until not quite boiling.
- Transfer to a 2 cup glass measuring cup, if you have a hand blender. Otherwise, transfer to a quart size canning jar that fits the blade of your blender.
- Add the peanut butter, salt, and banana. Process until smooth. Be careful of the hot liquid!
- Pour into a mug and sprinkle with cinnamon. Mixture will thicken as it cools.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/hot-chocolate-smoothie/