Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Sauce
- 1-2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil or other cooking oil
- 1 cup gluten-free chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1½ Tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt or to taste
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chili powder. Heat and stir for one minute.
- Stir in the chicken broth and heat to boiling.
- Add the garlic powder and onion powder.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the water.
- Slowly add the water to the boiling mixture, whisking continually to avoid lumps.
- Heat to a boil and simmer for several minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, taste, and add salt as needed.
- Makes 2¼ cups
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/enchilada-sauce/