Almond Flour Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance soy free margarine
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- For the pancakes, mix together the almond meal, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and sugar.
- Lightly beat the eggs, then add to the dry ingredients along with the vanilla extract and water.
- Allow to sit 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile In a small bowl, beat together the filling ingredients with a fork until the butter is softened.
- Place in a baggie and cut a very small bit of the corner off. You can always make it larger if needed.
- Spoon pancake batter onto a hot greased skillet, making small pancakes that are easy to turn.
- Cook for 2 minutes on the first side, then add the filling by squeezing the baggie and creating a line of filling in a swirl pattern on the top of the pancake. Don't put it too close to the edge.
- Allow to cook for another minute until golden brown on the bottom then flip the pancake in one swift turn.
- Cook the second side for a couple of minutes.
- When you are done cooking all the pancakes, you can add a little more filling to the the top of the pancakes if there is any left.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and place in a baggie. Cut the corner of the baggie and squeeze on top of a stack of pancakes before serving.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/almond-flour-cinnamon-roll-pancakes/