Breakfast Casserole with Sausage and Oats
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats (non-instant)
- 8 large eggs
- 1½ cups milk or milk substitute
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350° and grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Crumble and cook the sausage until done. Drain.
- Put half of the oats in the bottom of the dish and spread them out evenly.
- Place the crumbled sausage on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining oats over the sausage.
- Combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl, beating them together with a fork. Pour over the sausage and oats in the dish, being sure to cover all the oats.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the casserole is set in the middle.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/breakfast-casserole-with-sausage-and-oats/