Sweet Potato Corn Bread
Recipe type: Bread
- 1 cup corn flour*
- 1½ Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup corn meal
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sweet potato puree (you can substitute pumpkin puree)
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon molasses
- In a large bowl, mix corn flour, corn meal, baking powder, salt and spices together. Stir well.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, sweet potatoes, brown sugar, applesauce and molasses. Stir until well blended.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and stir until just moist.
- Then, pour into a greased 8×8 or 9×9 inch glass baking dish.
- Bake at 400° for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
If you don’t have corn flour on hand, simply grind corn meal down to the consistency of flour in your food processor or blender.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/sweet-potato-corn-bread/