Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Earth Balance buttery sticks (or butter)
- 1/2 cup Spectrum organic shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flours, starch, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum.
- In the bowl of your mixer, beat together the sugars, butter, and shortening until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in the gluten-free oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for a minute on the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chocolate-chip-oatmeal-cookies/