Curried Roast and Carrots (Slow Cooker)
Author: Linda Etherton
- 3½ – 4 pounds roast (I used a top round roast, but chuck roast should work too)
- 2 large onions
- 10 medium – large carrots (~1½ lbs.)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup minute tapioca
- Peel and chop the onions and place them in the bottom of a large (6 quart) slow cooker.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into 1 inch pieces. Place on top of the onions.
- Place the two bay leaves on top of the carrots.
- Combine the broth, curry powder, ginger, salt, pepper, and tapioca. Pour about half over the vegetables.
- Place the roast on top, and pour the remaining broth over it.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or low 3-4 hours or until the meat reaches your desired internal temperature.
- If you want the vegetables more done, turn your slow cooker to high and continue to cook them while the meat rests.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/curried-roast-and-carrots-slow-cooker/