Cranberry Walnut Muffins
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: Makes 12 muffins
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup sweet rice flour
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons potato starch
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin (optional)
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- 1 cup milk or milk substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup chopped toasted walnuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Whisk together the flours, starches, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, gelatin, and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, combine the milk, vanilla, and eggs.
- Add the oil to the dry ingredients and stir. Then add the remaining wet ingredients and mix together with a large spatula or spoon until the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Fold in the walnuts and cranberries.
- Spoon into a greased muffin tin. Bake at 400° for 18 – 20 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan for several minutes then remove to a wire rack.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/cranberry-walnut-muffins/