Liver and Onions
- 1 pound beef liver
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple (I used Fuji), peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 strips bacon
- onion and garlic pepper
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon until crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Break into pieces.
- Drain most of the bacon grease, leaving enough to sauté the onions. Add more as needed for the apples and liver in the following steps or use your oil of choice.
- Add the onion slices to the skillet and sauté until tender.
- Add the apple chunks to the skillet and sauté just until heated through.
- Remove the onions and apples to a dish.
- Slice the beef liver into thin slices or pieces. Sprinkle with onion and garlic pepper. Add to the skillet and quickly cook on medium high heat.
- Remove from heat. Return the onions, apples, and bacon pieces to the skillet. Toss to combine.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/liver-and-onions/