Author: Linda Etherton
Serves: 6 - 8
- 16 ounces gluten-free spaghetti (I used Tinkyada)
- 3 Tablespoons Earth Balance stick margarine or butter
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- ¾ cup white cooking wine (or dry white wine)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- pepper to taste
- 2½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons oil or butter
- Heat a large pot of salted water for cooking your pasta.
- Melt the margarine or butter in a medium sauce pan. Add the minced garlic and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add the Italian seasoning, wine, broth, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- When the water boils, add your pasta, cook, drain, and place in a warm bowl.
- While the scampi sauce is simmering, slice the onion and pepper in thin slices.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to a large skillet and sauté the onion and pepper until tender.
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips.
- When they are done, remove the onion and pepper strips to a bowl.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the skillet and add the chicken strips. Cook and turn until the meat is cooked through.
- After the scampi sauce is done simmering, pour it over the pasta and toss to coat.
- Place the onions, pepper, and chicken on a serving plate. Serve on top of the pasta
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chicken-scampi/