Roast Beef Skillet Meal
- 2 Tablespoon cooking oil (I used safflower)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, cut in chunks
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon red cooking wine (or dry red wine)
- 2 cup leftover roast beef, cubed
- 2 cup cooked rice and/or quinoa
- beef broth or water for cooking the rice/quinoa
- salt & pepper
- If you don’t have leftover rice or quinoa to use, get that started cooking.
- Chop the onions and carrots and sauté them in the oil until about half cooked.
- Add the zucchini and cook until almost tender.
- Clear a little space in your skillet and add the garlic. Let it sizzle and cook a minute until golden and aromatic.
- Move everything to one side of your skillet. Add the beef and red wine and heat for a couple of minutes, then stir it in with the vegetables.
- When the meat is hot through, add the hot rice and/or quinoa and mix together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/roast-beef-skillet-meal/