Butternut Squash Soup
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 1 small onion, chopped (about ⅔ cup)
- 1 medium green apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped (about 1½ cup, I used red potato)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon oil or butter
- ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary, snipped into little pieces (or try ¼ teaspoon dried)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Heat the oil or butter in the bottom of a pot. Add the onion and sauté until softened.
- Add the chicken broth and heat to boiling.
- Stir in the vegetables and rosemary. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are tender. The amount of time will depend on how small you cut them.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender, or by adding it in batches to a stand blender. The soup should be smooth with no chunks in it.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/butternut-squash-soup/