Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 recipe gluten-free pastry dough
- 1 pound bulk sausage (the kind that comes in a tube, not links or patties)
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional, I omitted for dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepared the dough according to directions, wrap it in plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Cook the sausage in a skillet until the meat is done. Drain.
- Break the eggs into a medium bowl and beat lightly. Add the sausage and cheese (if using) and stir to combine.
- Roll half of the dough into a circle and place in the bottom of a 9 or 10 inch pie plate.
- Add the sausage mixture to the pie dish.
- Roll the other half of the dough and place on top of the pie. Pinch the edges together to seal. Poke holes in the top of the pie with a fork.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cool about 5 minutes before cutting.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/breakfast-pie/