Chicken, Vegetable, & Wild Rice Soup
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 3 large carrots, peeled
- 3 small zucchini, washed and cut
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut in pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Saute the copped onion in the olive oil in the bottom of your soup pot.
- Slice the carrots and add all ingredients to the pot.
- Heat to boiling and simmer until the vegetables are cooked.
- Heat the broth and water to boiling in the pressure cooker.
- Add the whole carrots, onion, and chicken.
- Bring to high pressure and cook for 3 minutes. Use the cold water release method.
- In a separate pot, steam the zucchini until just tender.
- Remove the lid from the pressure cooker. Remove the carrots and slice them. Stir in the carrots, zucchini, wild rice, basil, oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the wild rice, salt, and pepper and stir.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chicken-vegetable-wild-rice-soup/