Chicken Cacciatore (Slow Cooker)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup diced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (14.5 oz. diced tomatoes)
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup white cooking wine
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 Tablespoon corn starch
- 3 Tablespoon water
- Place the onion, pepper, and garlic in the bottom of your crock pot.
- Place the chicken pieces on top.
- Combine the tomatoes (with juice), tomato paste, chicken broth, wine, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and bay leaf and pour over the chicken.
- Cook on high 3 – 4 hours or low 7 – 8 hours, or until chicken is done.
- If cooking on low, turn the heat setting to high. Remove the chicken pieces.
- Combine the corn starch and water and whisk it into the liquid.
- Heat on high for about 30 minutes or until slightly thickened. Serve the chicken and sauce over pasta or rice.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chicken-cacciatore-slow-cooker/