Hummus Recipe: Roasted Red Pepper
- 1 pound 13 ounces (1 large can) chick peas
- juice of one lemon
- 1 Tablespoon tahini (or to taste)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup canned roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup olive oil
- approximately ¼ cup water
- Drain and thoroughly rinse the chick peas, then drain again.
- Combine all ingredients except the water in a food processor or blender.
- Gradually add the water until it reaches a smooth creamy consistency. A little more or a little less water may be needed.
- If desired, garnish with additional roasted red pepper, chopped.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/hummus-recipe-roasted-red-pepper/