Slow Cooker Herbed Chicken & Vegetables
- 1 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (use your favorite kind)
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (~ 6 large)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place the vegetables and chicken broth in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Place the chicken breasts on top.
- Add the garlic, spreading it over the chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle the thyme, basil, salt and pepper over everything.
- Cover and cook on low 6 - 8 hours or high 3 - 4 hours or until the chicken is done.
- Serve with rice, pasta, potatoes, or quinoa.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/slow-cooker-herbed-chicken-vegetables/