Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: Makes ~16 large Belgian waffles
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ¾ cup millet flour
- ¾ cup potato starch
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 cups almond milk, regular or sour milk
- ½ cup oil
- 4 eggs
- Combine the flours, starches, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and xanthan gum in a large bowl.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the milk, oil and eggs.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together. Batter can be slightly lumpy. Let the batter sit for about 5 minutes while you preheat your waffle iron.
- Pour onto a hot waffle maker. My waffle iron makes the large Belgian waffles, and I cooked them 5 minutes.
- Remove and top with syrup, fruit, and/or whipped cream.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/multi-grain-waffles/