Spinach Dip (Dairy Free)
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach or 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 3/4 cup plain coconut milk yogurt (or regular yogurt)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dry oregano
- Cook and drain the spinach, squeezing out excess water by pressing it against the sides of a colander with a spatula.
- Place the spinach in a bow and snip into it with a pair of kitchen scissors so there are no long stringy pieces of spinach. (Even frozen chopped spinach needs this step.)
- Combine the spinach and the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Chill for two hours or more before serving.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/spinach-dip-dairy-free/