Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Bread
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup oil
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, packed (~1 large)
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- ⅓ cup potato starch
- 2 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Beat together the eggs, sugar, oil, applesauce, and vanilla on medium high speed for several minutes.
- Add the zucchini and mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the flours, starches, xanthan gum, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix just until moistened.
- Stir in the nuts. Pour the batter into one sprayed/greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 – 10 minutes in the pans, then transfer to a wire rack.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/zucchini-bread/