Slow Cooker Sloppy Joes
Author: Linda Etherton
- 3 pounds ground beef (I used 85% lean)
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1½ cups diced celery
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar or sweetener of choice (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce (Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or San-J wheat free)
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1½ cups ketchup (I used Wild Harvest organic)
- ½ cup water
- In a skillet, saute the ground beef and onion until the meat is browned and the onion is soft. Drain.
- Place all ingredients in your slow cooker and stir to mix well.
- Cook on low setting for 4 - 6 hours.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/slow-cooker-sloppy-joes/