Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup white rice flour
- ¾ cup potato starch
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 12 ounces mandarin oranges with juice
- 9 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 package (3.5 ounces) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all the cake ingredients in the bowl of your mixer and mix on low for 1 minute.
- Turn the mixer to medium-high and beat and additional 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into three greased and floured 9 inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350° for 18 minutes.
- Turn cakes onto a wire rack and cool.
- Combine all the topping ingredients (use the pudding mix dry). If it is too thick, you can add a small amount of pineapple juice.
- Spread it between the layers and on top of the cake.
- Store cake in the refrigerator.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/orange-pineapple-cake/