Beef and Mushroom Gravy
- 2 pounds stew meat
- 2 cups beef broth
- 6 Tablespoons sweet rice flour or 2 Tablespoons corn starch or arrowroot starch
- 6 ounces mushrooms, diced or sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk together the broth and sweet rice flour or corn starch in a sauce pan.
- Heat over medium high heat, whisking frequently until the sauce is thick and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Sauté the onion until soft. Add the garlic and sauté one minute more.
- Add the onion and garlic, mushrooms, and salt and pepper to the sauce and stir well.
- Place the stew meat in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Pour the sauce on top and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours or high 4 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Stir well before serving over rice or noodles.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/stew-meat-gravy-with-mushrooms/