Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 1 pound cod fillets (or other fish)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup rice flour
- ⅓ cup potato starch
- 1 cup dry gluten-free bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a cookie sheet.
- Cut the fish into strips about ½ – ¾ inches wide.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with a fork until the white no longer holds together.
- In another bowl, combine the rice flour, potato starch, salt, and pepper.
- Place the bread crumbs in a third bowl.
- Working with several pieces at a time, coat the fish with flour, dredge in the beaten egg, and then coat with bread crumbs. Place on the baking sheet.
- Repeat until all the pieces are coated.
- Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until a fork is easily inserted and removed from a fish stick.
- Serve with tartar sauce.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/gluten-free-fish-sticks-recipe/