Almond Cranberry Muffins
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- ½ cup sweet rice flour
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons potato starch
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- 1 cup milk or milk substitute (I used Almond Breeze original)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients with a whisk.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat together the milk and eggs. Add the vanilla.
- Pour the coconut oil into the dry ingredients and gently mix with a fork.
- Add the milk, egg, vanilla mixture and mix by hand with a fork until mixed together and moistened.
- Stir in the cranberries or raisins.
- Spoon batter into a 12-cup greased muffin tin. The cups will be almost full.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for five minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/almond-cranberry-muffins/