Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 recipe pastry dough
- 2 large baking apples
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Peel, core, and chop the apples pretty.
- Combine the apples, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Roll the pastry dough and use a bowl to cut it in circles about 7 – 7 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place some of the apples on half of each circle.
- Fold the dough over and press the edges together.
- Place it on a baking sheet and prick the top of the dough with a fork several times.
- Bake at 350 degrees 15 – 20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/gluten-free-apple-turnovers/