Chocolate Coconut Muffins
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ¾ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup millet flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ – ½ cup sugar (I used ¾ cup in a double recipe)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk (or substitute)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup shredded coconut (I used organic, unsweetened)
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted & chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flours, starch, cocoa, flax seed, xanthan gum, gelatin, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a smaller bowl, or measuring cup, combine the egg, vanilla, milk, and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together until moistened. Stir in the coconut and nuts.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chocolate-coconut-muffins/