Chicken and Broccoli Chowder
Recipe type: Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 10 - 12 ounces frozen broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon butter or dairy free margarine
- 1 cup cold almond milk (or regular milk)
- ⅓ cup rice flour
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup water or milk (almond or regular)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the chicken broth to boiling in a large pot.
- In a skillet, melt the butter or margarine and sauté the onion and celery until soft. Add the garlic and sauté one more minute.
- Add the broccoli to the boiling broth along with the sautéed vegetables. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until the broccoli is just tender.
- Mix together the cold milk and rice flour. Add to the soup and stir. Heat to boiling and boil for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken, 1 cup water or milk, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Heat until hot through.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chicken-and-broccoli-chowder/