How to Cook Filet Mignon
Recipe type: Main
- beef filets about 2 inches thick
- other seasoning if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of a skillet with a little oil and heat on medium high heat. I used my electric skillet for this because it heats more evenly.
- Sprinkle the filets with salt and any seasoning you desire to use. Place the filets in the skillet. It should be hot enough that the filets sizzle.
- Cook them for 3 minutes, turn them, and cook for another 3 minutes. They should be nicely browned.
- Put the filets in a baking pan, such as a broiler pan covered with foil for easy clean up.
- Bake the filets in the oven for about 15 – 20 minutes, until they reach your desired internal temperature.
- Let them sit for about 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/how-to-cook-filet-mignon/