Pineapple Coconut Muffins
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ¾ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup millet flour
- ¾ cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (vanilla would be fine)
- ¾ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup canned crushed pineapple
- ½ cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Drain the pineapple over a measuring cup or bowl to reserve the juice. Use a spoon or spatula to squeeze most of the juice out.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flours, starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a smaller bowl, or measuring cup, combine the eggs, lemon extract, and pineapple juice.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together until moistened. Stir in the pineapple and coconut.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/pineapple-coconut-muffins/