Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 – 8 ripe bananas
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl combine the flours, starch, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together with a fork or whisk until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spread the batter into a buttered rectangular baking dish (about 9 x 13 inches).
- Peel the ripe bananas and cut them into three pieces, placing the pieces on top of the batter.
- Drizzle the melted butter, agave nectar and orange juice over top.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 35 – 45 minutes, or until the batter tests done.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/baked-bananas-banana-cobbler/