Hamburger Spinach Quiche
Author: Linda Etherton
- 1 pound ground beef or sausage
- 1 small onion
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach or 9 oz. fresh spinach
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk (regular or substitute)
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch (or arrowroot starch for grain free)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (can be omitted or use a cheese substitute for a dairy free version)
- gluten-free pie crust (optional)
- Cook and drain the spinach. Use a spatula to press it against the sides of a colander and squeeze out most of the water.
- Brown the ground beef and cook the onion in a skillet. Drain any fat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, milk, eggs, cornstarch, and salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cheese, spinach, beef and onions.
- Pour into two greased pie plates.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until the center is set.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/crustless-hamburger-spinach-quiche/