Meatloaf and Potatoes (Slow Cooker)
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 6 - 8
- 6 – 8 medium red or gold potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup gluten-free instant potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Peel or scrub the potatoes and cut them into one inch size chunks.
- Place the potatoes in the bottom of a greased slow cooker and add the water.
- Combine all the meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl. I use my stand mixer on low speed to combine everything.
- Place the meatloaf on top of the potatoes and shape into an oval (or whatever shape your slow cooker is) so it mostly covers the potatoes.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and spread it evenly over the top of the meatloaf.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 – 8 hours or high for 3 – 4 hours or until the meatloaf and potatoes are both cooked through.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/meatloaf-and-potatoes-slow-cooker/