Meatloaf and Potatoes (Slow Cooker)
Author: Linda Etherton
Serves: 6 - 8
- 6 – 8 medium red or gold potatoes
- ½ cup water
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- ½ cup gluten-free instant potatoes
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground sage
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Peel or scrub the potatoes and cut them into one inch size chunks.
- Place the potatoes in the bottom of a greased slow cooker and add the water.
- Combine all the meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl. I use my stand mixer on low speed to combine everything.
- Place the meatloaf on top of the potatoes and shape into an oval (or whatever shape your slow cooker is) so it mostly covers the potatoes.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and spread it evenly over the top of the meatloaf.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 – 8 hours or high for 3 – 4 hours or until the meatloaf and potatoes are both cooked through.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/meatloaf-and-potatoes-slow-cooker/