Focaccia Bread Sandwich
Author: Linda Etherton
- 1 recipe focaccia bread
- olive oil
- sandwich filling (sausage, pepperoni, sliced meat, cheese)
- salad dressing or barbecue sauce (optional)
- mayonnaise (optional)
- mustard (optional)
- Bake the bread in two 9 or 10 inch cake or spring form pans.
- Remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack 30 minutes.
- Slice the loaves horizontally. If they are gummy in the middle, they need to cool more.
- Brush the inside of the bread with olive oil.
- Place the sandwich fillings on the bottom half of each loaf.
- If desired, add a little salad dressing of choice or barbecue sauce on top.
- You could also spread mayonnaise and/or mustard on the top piece of bread.
- Add the top pieces of bread and wrap each sandwich in foil.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cut in wedges to serve.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/focaccia-bread-sandwich/