Chicken (or turkey) Pot Pie
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 4 - 6
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups thin green beans, cut in pieces
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 Tablespoons rice flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
- salt & pepper
- 1 drop biscuit recipe
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and cook the onion, carrots, celery, and green beans until the onion is transparent and the other veggies are tender.
- Add one cup of the chicken stock and the chicken. Heat through.
- Whisk together the other cup of stock and the rice flour. Add to the skillet with the thyme and salt & pepper to taste.
- Heat and stir until it is thickened.
- Place the veggie mixture in a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Make the biscuit recipe and spread it over the top of the dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 30 minutes. Use a knife to see if the biscuit dough is done at the center.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/chicken-or-turkey-pot-pie/