Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 pound bulk sausage, cooked and crumbled (the kind in a tube, not links or patties)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- ¼ cup butter or oil of choice
- 4 cups potatoes, sliced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk or milk substittue (almond milk works well)
- 2 Tablespoons rice flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- In the bottom of a large saucepan, saute the onion and carrot in the butter.
- Add the chicken broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are cooked.
- With a hand potato masher, break up the potatoes until they are only small lumps.
- Add the rice flour to the cold milk and blend with a fork. Add to the potato mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and add the cooked sausage. Heat through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Frozen peas could be added after the meat is added. The soup should then be cooked a couple of minutes more.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/potato-chowder/