Cranberry-Orange Coffee Cake
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened (or Spectrum Organic Shortening)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup brown rice flour
- ¾ cup millet flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup orange juice
- zest of one orange
- 1½ cup cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- ¼ cup rice flour
- ¼ cup potato starch
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons butter, cold (or Spectrum Organic Shortening)
- In the bowl of your mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Add them to the egg mixture alternately with the orange juice, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Stir in the zest, cranberries, and pecans.
- Spread the batter in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Combine the topping ingredients with a pastry blender and sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/cranberry-orange-coffee-cake/