Creamy Vegetable Soup
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Soup
- 4 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons butter (or substitute)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cut in ½ inch pieces
- 1 large zucchini, cut in chunks (or 2 small)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 2 cups milk (or substitute, or omit and increase broth)
- In a large pot, melt the butter. Sauté the onion until almost tender.
- Add the chicken broth, the vegetables, and the seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the milk and heat just until hot.
To avoid mushy zucchini I added the potatoes first and let them get started cooking before adding the large chunks of zucchini.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/creamy-vegetable-soup/