Multi-Grain Apple Muffins
Author: Linda Etherton
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: Makes 12 muffins
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup millet flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ⅓ cup sugar (more or less to taste)
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice (or just use cinnamon)
- ¼ cup oil or melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk or substitute
- 1 medium sized apple, peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the flours, starch, sugar, xanthan gum, baking powder, gelatin, salt, and apple pie spice.
- In a smaller bowl or glass measuring cup combine the oil, eggs, and milk and add to the dry ingredients. Mix until all the flour is moistened.
- Fold in the chopped apple.
- Spoon the batter into a greased muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees for 18 - 20 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes in the pan then transfer to a wire rack.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/multi-grain-apple-muffins/