Recipe type: Main
- 1 – 1½ pounds ground meat (beef or turkey)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¼ c. or 1 package taco seasoning mix (McCormick)
- 1 can beans, drained (use whatever you like, I used navy beans)
- shredded cheddar cheese (amount to taste & optional)
- 1 cornbread recipe
- Brown the meat and sauté the onion. Drain.
- Add the taco seasoning and ¾ c. water. Simmer 5 min.
- Add the beans and stir to combine.
- If you are using a casserole dish, transfer the meat mixture to the dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese or omit it for a dairy free casserole.
- Mix together the cornbread and spread on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees about 30 minutes or until cornbread is done. Enjoy!
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/mexican-casserole/