French Bread Rolls Again
- ¾ cup sorghum flour
- ¾ cup millet flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1½ Tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 cup warm water (105 – 115 degrees)
- In the bowl of your mixer, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the olive oil and egg whites and mix to incorporate.
- Add the vinegar and most of the water. Beat for 2 minutes, adding the remaining water if needed to make a soft dough. (I held back 2 Tb.)
- Using an ice cream scoop or spoon sprayed with non stick cooking spray, scoop the dough onto a large greased cookie sheet.
- Put the cookie sheet into a cold oven. Set the temperature at 400 degrees and bake about 25 minutes, depending on the size of the rolls. The rolls should be light brown on the outside.
- Remove from the cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack until warm but not hot.
Recipe by The Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/french-bread-rolls-again/