Our Favorite Chili
Author: Linda Etherton
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can small red beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tb. tomato paste
- ½ Tb. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Sauté the meat and onion in a skillet until the meat is done.
- Add the garlic and sauté a couple of minutes more.
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot and simmer about 30 minutes. You can leave it uncovered if you want some liquid to evaporate.
- You can also cook this in a slow cooker on high for 3 hours or low for 6 – 8 hours.
- Spoon into serving bowls and top with cheese if desired.
Recipe by Gluten-Free Homemaker at http://glutenfreehomemaker.com/our-favorite-chili/